Tuesday, March 27, 2007

TURTLE POWER!!!!

hey everyone,
I'm gonna try out this whole blogging thing.

thanks to some not-so-subtle prodding from my friends (I'm looking at you daveyyojimbo, mob), i will try to be your geek headquarters for all kinds of stuff. I'll cover comics, movies and TV, books, and give my unwanted opinion every so often. so bear with me as i learn this stuff on the fly. I'll take any tips or help i can get.
okay...first up, the new TMNT movie.


'myspace
i like the turtles, i do, but this film left me a little cold. let me state for the record that i applaud the use of CGI for a turtles movie. i even like that they resemble the comic versions a bit (except for the color coded masks). they even have the voice characterizations right, and they left out repeated uses of "COWABUNGA!!!!". this movie tried to use a little bit of everything from all versions of the turtles (movies, cartoons, comics, etc.). they did not use the movie to retell the origin of the turtles for the millionth time. i swear, their origin is as well known as superman's. or spider-man's...
'myspace
anyway....i think it's the writing and story that get to me. the latest animated version of the turtles gets it right. they feel more like fleshed out characters than cartoons. maybe it's the format. the recent cartoon has continuing storylines, where the new film feels like you are getting onboard in the middle of the story. the whole thing feels rushed.
who knows...I'm probably in the minority about the movie. i did like it, but maybe i was expecting more. i hope the sequel will be better. they at least set it up so that shredder will return. he was always the best villain for the turtles...well, except for vanilla ice! "ninja... ninja... RAP!!!"
'myspace

16 comments:

Mob said...

It's absolutely wonderful to have you sir.

One of us! One of us!

buckaroo banzai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MacGuffin said...

Hip hip hooray! Finally, about time, etc. Seriously, good to see you've caved in. Now I'll be expecting you to lift me out of my clinical depresion everyday. NO pressure. :)

I actually want to see the TMNT movie. I never read the comic or watched any of the cartoons, so I'll probably be expecting less than you were. By the by, I broke down and bought the Alex Ross Justice League stuff. You're a terrible influence on my credit cards sir.

buckaroo banzai said...

mob- thankee sai!!!

~el vox- as far as i know only laird was involved in the flick. i agree that the whole franchise is maybe a little tired.
i'll get back to ya on "children of men"

davey- thanks for the support!
as far as the credit card goes..i live to serve..your creditors!!! hahahahahaha!!!
make sure ya see the first turtles movie, if you have not already, to get an idea of what to expect.

Pookie said...

Oh, yeah...he's good at spending the moolah. (The Force (money spending) is strong in this one, He was trained well)

Let's all celebrate, he has caved in to peer pressure. ok, everyone run around naked. woohoo.

buckaroo banzai said...

pookie-i have already turned you to the dark side, my padawan! see the image to the right for proof...

4 Non Blogs said...

One of us!
One of us!

Blancodeviosa said...

hip hooray!! cowagunga, you have joined the force. :)<----happy internet face

Pookie said...

please tell me what ninja...ninja...RAP...means???? I'm not a Turtle conissouire (sp?)

buckaroo banzai said...

turtle rap was the main song from TMNT 2: the secret of the ooze.
in the movie, vanilla ice preforms the song while the turtles fight the bad guys, then they jump on stage and rap with ice..very cheesey....

MacGuffin said...

Hope you're not saying this one is as cheesy as the vanilla ice shite. If so, i'll avoid at all costs.

Blancodeviosa said...

of course it's cheezy.. that is why it's good..silly

buckaroo banzai said...

actually the new movie is miles better than the second movie.
go see it davey.....cause i know what a big vanilla ice fan you are!
"GO ninja, GO ninja, GO!"

Knitty Yas said...

oh my look who it is!!

my friend Ricky who is the king of all things nerdy said he liked the movie!! he said i needed to go see it! now ... i'm wondering if he's screwin with me. lol

i love that vanilla ice sign. i'm stealin it. lol

oh and i'll link you up on the blog tonight! congrats on joining the blogging world. we now own your soul.
Thank you.

buckaroo banzai said...

thanks yas, mob, daveyyojimbo, bloncdeviosa, el vox, skincarver, and pookie, for the great welcome! i will have new stuff up shortly.

MacGuffin said...

Ninja, please!!!